Today, I don’t know where to begin. I’ve never gone this long without actually writing. So much to say and seemingly catch you up on, but let’s just live in the present.
New year means new commitments. Resolutions are easily broken after a couple weeks, the gym begins to thin out, people start eating out again. To start, new vocabulary. No more resolutions, just commitments. Vulnerability and caring less about what other people think are close to the top- so I may as well just let you in on my little commitments for 2013.
1. Invest. I am not going to use the word “spend” any more. I don’t want to spend time, spend money, spend energy. I am going to invest. Invest in loved ones, invest in my ministry, invest my time in work, invest my heart in my passion, invest energy in taking care of myself. Everything you invest, you have a return. What you sow, that will you also reap. [Gal 6:7]
2. Strengthen. I will strengthen relationships. I will strengthen my body. I will strengthen my mind and my soul.
3. Rest. I will rest in the security I have been given through my Savior. Rest in the Sabbath. Rest in love.
4. Love. I want to be known by my love and passion for others. This has been a banner of mine for many years, because this is what the Lord is calling me to do in my life.
5. Wake. I know this seems counteractive to #3, but it’s not. I want to wake up earlier to invest, strengthen, and rest later. See what I did there?
I have little commitments within those that can be used for later little stories as a journey through this year.
That’s enough for today. Stay tuned