Wednesday, February 20, 2013

far better things.





There are far better things ahead than any we have left behind- CS Lewis

I had breakfast the other morning with a friend at one of my favorite spots in West Side Provisions. We sat down over coffee, oatmeal, and tofu scramble chatting about our shared industry and Savior.

We discussed the ups and downs of living off on our own, the love of city life, and the challenges of bringing light into the workplace. I left with a full tummy and a full heart.

Before our breakfast, I had been struggling with a pressure unknown to my own heart. I didn’t know until she pointed it out. She wasn’t even talking about me, but I knew Papa God was. And suddenly, in a couple sentences, the Lord revealed truth through another person. And it freed me.

“It’s okay my daughter. 
It is wonderful that you are different.
 I created you this way.”

There are dreams, certain desires, and goals that are mine. No one can steal your dreams, but they can certainly crush them. So many times we find ourselves searching for some way to accomplish our dreams in a fashion that other people will find acceptable. Talk about tiresome.

Sometimes the things we leave behind (like old friends, home towns, etc.) are still trying to hold us in the past. In the “behind.” But I want to press forward…

The alternative is that our savior created a way for us to accomplish our dreams and goals without remodeling them to fit inside everyone else’s parameters. Thankfully, if we consecrate our will to His will our desires become what He desires and our heart is His heart. {Isaiah 6:8}

The Lord knows the desires of my heart. They are unconventional because my Jesus was the most “unconventional.”

Those words were exactly what I needed to hear. The Holy Spirit whispers it to me every day. And it is where I find my confidence. {I am wonderfully made… proverbs 139:14}

i am glad i left a certain mindset and certain desires behind. committing my will to His is allowing His work to become complete in me. i cant wait for whats ahead. for the things the Lord will do through my life, the people i am going to touch in His name, the children i will raise in a supernatural way, the marriage God planned in advance for me. i am excited for the better. truly i am blessed beyond measure.

There are far, far better things ahead of us.

No comments: