Sunday, December 13, 2009

white stars. glittery trees.

raise your hand if you are not studying. [[please consider this sentence the action of me raising my hand extremely high. ]]

gosh i am finished with the french language forever. at least the studies of the french language. and at least as i have planned. but, as with all things, they are subject to change. but the moment i turned in that exam was the moment my brain had a little party to itself about the wonderful greatness that it had just accomplished. so grand. you should have been there.

good story. walked into ak's coffee, which i had never been to before, and was pleasantly surprised by extreme awkward silence. i was so alarmed by this lack of noise and conversation i even turned to my friend who i was with and commented. which led to my commenting to the cute little girl behind the counter. she was cute. had a great little outfit on.

if i worked in a coffee shop, my outfit would look like that. no doubt.

my friend and i "adjusted" our voices as i proceeded to pour out very interesting and i am sure fascinating storied about my experiences with doctors lately. after our drinks arrived and we were soaking in the quiet and each other's stories we noticed there was now music playing quietly overhead. later i realized that the real reason there was music playing was because i commented on the awkwardness in the room. thank. you. coffee. girl.

leaving coffee with glitter covering my body was really hilarious. there was this precious little decorative tree on the table that was covered with little gold glitter. lots. of gold. glitter. and because i am a very distracted individual and enjoy playing with things i proceeded to get glitter all over me. as did my friend. i love glittery trees.

africa has been on my heart this week. i've been wearing my black ring with the white stars on it from the market in uganda. i am just praying for guidance. maybe a little sign that i should be where i am. and be doing what i'm doing.

as in all situations in life, my lack of knowledge in some areas is proving to be as good as i thought. which is not really good at all. praying for guidance there too.

so now i am going to run. l o n g. i need it bad. then i'll jump back into the world of rocks and plate tectonics. the world of geology.

No comments: