Saturday, March 10, 2012

reasons i love saturdays.

as i have grown up, i have more of an appreciation for saturdays. especially saturday mornings. i get to wake up a little later than usual and really take my time with coffee and my breakfast (the usual oatmeal, banana, honey, and flax meal creation). i get to clean everything. i get to do laundry. i get to go for a long run (if the weather permits). i usually get to collect my thoughts and feelings from the week, write them down sometimes and move onto the next week.



another reason i love saturdays is the time i get to spend with Jesus. during the week, i have a time crunch on everything i do. there is always something else going on every hour. but on saturdays, not the case.

today i began reading my daily Jesus Calling devotion by Sara Young. {don't have it? check it out here.} i have talked about this little book before. each little devotion is based on 2-3 verses from scripture and is written as first person, God, speaking directly to you. and because it is direct scripture, it is God-breathed, living and applicable to every single day of my life. i love when God does that.

she began with this today...

YOU ARE MINE FOR ALL TIME- and beyond time into eternity.... 
I want you to realize how utterly secure you are! 
Even as you falter through this journey of life, I will never let go of your hand.

faithfulness.

knowing that your future is absolutely assured can free you to live abundantly today!
I have prepared this day for you with the most tender concern
and attention to detail.
Be on the lookout for all I am doing.
This requires a deep level of trust, based on the knowledge
that
MY WAY IS PERFECT

it applies to me this morning for several reasons. but the most obvious one was i was sitting here at the table eating my oatmeal, making a list of everything i needed to do today. {ps. if you didn't know, i'm all about me a good list}

and then i thought about how much i needed a job, to i need to find a job, to what if i can't find a job, to i should start looking right now. 
which led me to the computer. where my bible and Jesus Calling was. 

so i stopped. opened the Bible, and read Jesus Calling. and here i am. 

i believe my future is secure. but i need to KNOW it. 
i believe i will be provided for. but i need to KNOW it. 

so i will live this day in His arms. and my future will be as it will be. secure. 

blessings.

i wanted to put a little blessings tag on here. because i just think everyone should know how truly blessed i feel. 

this week i was blessed by my parents. they came to hear me sing at cornerstone and filled my belly with food and my car with gas. i am blessed to have parents who do that. i think i have the greatest parents in the world, but i may be a little biased...

i was blessed by my church. i get to spend all week with these amazing people at cornerstone. i am blessed to call them my church family and honored to work beside them furthering the kingdom. i have so much excitement about the weeks to come. the Lord is doing amazing things there...

i am blessed by my sister. no words for this one. she is my best friend. that is all. 

by my roommates. double s gets up and has devo with me. makes getting up so much easier. kim encourages me in ways she doesn't even know. their drive in life is inspiring. 

my BAND! i think i could hang out with my monsters every day. they are teaching me and encouraging me like no other. i love them. and i am SO EXCITED to be playing with them over the rest of the semester. 

W. i don't have too much to divulge into about W. because it's not for everyone to know. but i am honored and blessed by him every single day. more excited than he probably knows about this journey. 

________________________

so there is my saturday morning brain ramblings and thoughts. 
until next time. 

mb.

ps. photo of the day...

Source: vk.com via Morgan on Pinterest

No comments: