Monday, March 8, 2010

continued//plus some

last post was entitled my two wings. why?

friday marks a new beginning for me. and opportunity that does not come around often. i have been asked to sing with a local band here in auburn [my two wings]. i am very excited about all this and am looking forward to it. we have practiced twice, and we will practice again before the show. not going to lie, i am a little nervous. never before have a sung in front of people songs that have not been previously recorded or heard before. i will be the first. that is a little intimidating, but i know this is an opportunity i should not take for granted. i am looking forward to what this will be like.

-----------------------------------

today actually felt like spring. it was cloudless. it was perfectly blue. the trees that line the concrete in the village were blooming pink blossoms. i put some in my hair. it was a beautiful day. i have written before about creation and how it gets me. how being in the midst of creation; holding it, breathing it, feeling it, brings me joy. there is something about the other parts of creation (apart from animals and humans) that brings me to my knees.

i have seen the grand canyon, i have been to africa, i have seen snow covered mountains, and spend hours hiking through valleys. these things all remind me of love. we see a slight picture of who God is, but in a different way. His creation is so ornate, so delicate, and yet so elaborate. its so remarkable to me the way God made a giant hole in the ground to be so amazing. i see these things and think, wow, i am so small compared to the earth, to the solar system, to space, to God.

all the while, He loves me. He knows me. He wants me. while sitting outside in the grass today i heard words read to me about this concept. when i am surrounded by God's creation, i am reminded that though i sometimes may struggle with the feeling of insignificance, God tells me i am important. even if i was the only person, he still would have sent His son for me.

enjoy creation. enjoy His gift of love through creation. enjoy time with Him.


2 Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
psalm 90:2


6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
nehemiah 9:6

No comments: