Monday, July 5, 2010

ninty.

well my faithful blog followers... this is blog post number 90. thank you for continuing to read and follow my little humble blog. it's people like you that make this worth while.

yesterday was the fourth, and we had a out of the ordinary celebration. stead was at the lake with friends and emily was babysitting so most of the day was dad, mom and me. dinner was good and hunter joined us, but emily was occupied with a crying baby most of the meal.

after i cleaned the kitchen, the three of us went to wynlakes to watch the fireworks. it was a real long show. but, as always, i love my fireworks. i even brought my camera in the car, but i decided against taking any photos. so, none to post.

but speaking of celebrating our country and freedom... my cousin is leaving for Iraq this week. he is about 27 years old and is from birmingham. he is really my step-cousin, but we were close when we were young. his name is logan and if you think about it, we are asking that you pray for him as he fights for our country. he is in the army, and will be serving for a year.

we have been praying this scripture over him daily-

91:1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say [1] to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes
and see the recompense of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge
[2]
10 no evil shall be allowed to befall you,no plague come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12 On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the adder;
the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.

14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”


__________________________

brian spoke on sunday morning at cornerstone. we have been learning about nehemiah and he talked about chapter 5. the thing that spoke the most to me was when he discussed justice and righteousness and that they coincided. as in, the search and pursuit of righteousness is the pursuit of justice.

he defined justice as LOVE SEEN IN PUBLIC. what a perfect definition for something you almost cannot put a definition on. justice carries equality, fairness, but as brian said, most importantly- LOVE.

___________________________

in church they showed a picture of brian's wife's sister (confusing? yes) and she had gone on the trip with the church to uganda. to my kids. and in that picture was sweet little mercy. she was the little girl who kinda picked
me to hang on to. i loved seeing her smiling face on the screen. it brightened my heart.

i went back and looked at some pictures from africa, which i do often. and as i stared into the faces of the children that i love so much, i saw hope. i saw courage. and most importantly, i saw love. childlike, innocent, faithful love.


it reminds me that when it all goes away, when you feel like you can't move on, there is always love. i want to be that love. i want to be remembered as one who loved, who always accepted others and loved them with my whole heart, as Christ would love. love is the basis of all things, when you think about it. the reason we are on the earth is love. the reason God sent Christ to die is LOVE. Jesus conquered death for the sake of LOVE!! God is love. therefore, every single thing that comes from Him is manifested in us through LOVE. patience, self-control, justice, righteousness... it all stems from LOVE.

live in love. share your love.


__________________________

but i am off to study for journalism. i am looking forward to a fun week:)

until later

morgan

No comments: