Thursday, July 15, 2010

uhoh.


in journalism class, which i hope will come to an end next week, we talk about word usage. i learned i have been used a word improperly my whole life. and i am sure that many other people have done this as well.

nauseated vs. nauseous.
nauseated is an adjective meaning sickening or disgusting.
nauseous means you make other sick.

so when i say things like "oh my gosh that is making me nauseous" that means "oh my gosh that is making me make others sick."

just thought that was interesting.

________________________

sometimes i get lost in what i think i want to do with my life. although i know that i have to rely on the Lord to get me from point A to point B, sometimes i think i know what i want.

you can work your whole life for something, and then it ends up not being what God wanted for you. although i am not to the point most of my roommates are (in 36, most of them have graduated or will in august), i become eager to learn what my future holds. i am assuming that this is just a human nature thing. we want to know stuff.

i was talking with my old friend Jeff about knowledge and learning. and he said "isn't it crazy you can work and study for years upon years and yet we will never know everything."

i guess sometimes we put so much weight into school, and into our performance in school, but in reality, it puts us nowhere closer to attaining true knowledge.

____________

you know sometimes how God just jumps out of a page at you. well i was breaking to read the devotion for this morning from my Jesus Calling book, and guess what. His grace is sufficient.

this is what i read today.

Do not worry about tomorrow! This is not a suggestion, but a command.
I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle.
My grace is sufficient for you, but it's sufficiency is for only one day at a time.
When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame.
You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence.
As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.


he will lead us on the right path....

faithfully


No comments: