Monday, July 9, 2012

breakthrough.


break·through

Noun:
  1. A sudden, dramatic, and important discovery or development, esp. in science.
  2. A significant and dramatic overcoming of a perceived obstacle, allowing the completion of a process.




i remembered seeing her walk down the street that first night. i remember seeing her face scrunched up at us like we had horns growing out of our foreheads. the pain in her eyes was penetrating, deep enough to cause a stirring inside my heart. "Lord", i prayed, "help us reach her." 

she literally hated us for some time. her story is so detailed i couldn't make it up. after a series of tremendous heart wrenching events, her heart is encased by a 10 foot thick wall of brick and mortar. no one, especially not "church people", is getting in.

but friday night, she hit her limit. he almost killed her and her unborn child. she needed someone to talk to. 

as i saw her across the street walking towards us, my heart began to race. 
Holy Spirit, i ask you to start breaking down this wall!
make her open. make her see You, Father, in us!

as i prayed out loud they came closer. this was our chance to speak life into her spirit. LA called to me and said to go. and then i heard the Lord say,
Just listen 


so that's what i did. 
for the first time since we have known her, she approached us. 
for the first time, she wanted to talk with us.
and for the first time, she let us know it was okay. 

the Lord put her on my heart the very first night. but it wasn't his timing yet. 
she wasn't ready. 
now she is ready to talk. 
i knew she didn't want me to pray over her in that moment, but she said i could on my own time. 

and that is when we experienced breakthrough. 

she recognized me as someone who will love her RIGHT WHERE SHE IS.
she saw my heart wasn't to condemn or judge her... it was to love. 
she told me she was happy to hear i understood. 

that my friends, is breakthrough. 

and i cannot wait to speak with her again...


i think these past two months of living in Atlanta has brought to much hope into my life. the Lord is moving in a mighty way here. whether that is through organizations like NightLight or at Grace Midtown or in the individual lives represented in all of my community. 
God is doing something big here. 
friday night, i was given much encouragement. 
first was that my God is faithful.
that He is reminding me of this through my patience in His timing and in His hand on my life.
second was that whatever plan He has for me are bigger than my idea of what He wants me to do. so erase them. 


so i am also experiencing breakthrough.
everyday.


______________

xoxo.
mb.  

No comments: