Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a day off.

yesterday Ella's mom Emily asked me if I wanted the day off. I told her no, but she gave it to me anyway.

so i got to sleep in today! until 7:20. and then I ran 3.2 miles. which i have not done since Christmas Break...

i haven't had a morning like this all semester. it was weird waking up and it being sunny outside, it's normally dark when i head to the gym. it was nice seeing sara this morning before she went to class. it's also nice being able to sit here and not do any homework for a few minutes.

I just found out mom and dad are going with the siblings on choir tour this year. and where might they be going this year....only CHICAGO. and guess who gets to stay in auburn and take classes while they are there....ME. oh well. I am very glad they get the opportunity to go and enjoy the city and share the gospel through song. but i will miss being there with them.

lately i have not been able to conjure up any insight for my blog. my insight has been channeled to other venues. but this morning i have searched deep down to find something to share... so here it is.

a word we here so very often in our lives. we use it probably every single day. it is the word COME.

Come here...come over....come sit down...yada yada you get it. it is a command. i use this command with Ella. I use it with the dog.

but someone else uses it a whole lot more.

Christ tells us to COME TO ME ALL WHO ARE WEARY.

COME TO ME and I WILL GIVE YOU REST.

COME FOLLOW ME AND I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN.

COME AWAY WITH ME.
COME TO ME.

Jesus commands us to COME and He will bless us or grant us peace and understanding. He knows where we stand and where we need to move...TO Him. I always picture a Dad holding out His arms when a child is hurting saying "come here sweet heart and I will fix your heart." how comforting it that?



As you come to Christ, and take His yoke upon you, He will fill you with my very Life.

That is a promise. God makes promises He keeps.

Come to him with your weakness, and He will restore your strength.

The Word is full of promises like these. I am so grateful that our Father welcomes us with open arms. Our hurts and anxieties are lifted and we are restored within His arms. I am thankful for this.

Just a thought this morning.



ps. mission date to formal post is coming up soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you Morgan. I am so blessed to have a daugther that loves Jesus like you do. What more can a Dad ask for. And by the way, it won't be the same in Chicago without you. You are awesome !!