Saturday, May 15, 2010

know us by our love.


went to troy today with fran to a wedding. sara's sister got married in downtown troy at the first baptist church. it was a beautiful ceremony. wonderful music. great flowers. all the works. i definitely cried a little... not shocking.

sara and her brother sam sang a song during communion. it was positively marvelous. sara and sam did very well, but the lyrics of the song were what got me. not surprising that it was by christy nockels. it talks about our responsibility as christians to love. and that we are to be remembered and known by our love.

it just made me think, am i known for my love? my love and compassion on others? my love for the Lord? my passion for life and learning everything i can about Him? i want to be known for my love. the love of Christ that shines through me.

just a cool thought.

also, speaking of weddings... my cousin chris is engaged!! just found out tonight! so excited for him and his fiance emily. they are such a sweet couple and i cannot wait to see how awesome they will be together for the work of the Lord. oh it is so lovely.

the play was so great that i managed to take over 700 pictures. i went through and picked out 140 or so pictures and put them on facebook. you can look at them there if you'd like. one day... i will have a flicker sight... just not enough time right now.

i got a backpack today. not sure if i have told the story of my stolen backpack on here, but i think that would be a good story for tomorrow. so stay tuned....

here is my picture for today! my sister is so amazingly talented and beautiful. i captured her last night...



well i think i am off to bed.
i have had a semi productive day. and need sleep... naturally.


"we were made for kindness
We can pierce the darkness as
He shines through us...
We will come reaching, with a song of healing...
And they will know us by our
love!"

No comments: