Saturday, May 1, 2010

that time again.


well it is the beginning of the end of sophomore year. meaning it is exam time! i love exams. especially the studying until all hours of the night. oh and stressing... also a favored aspect of exam week. but sometimes, there are some fun things that happen during exams. occasionally, there are dance parties, or daylight donut runs at 2:30 in the morning ((which would be more like nightlight.... but whatever)). i will be very glad when exams are finished. all the studying will be worth the good grades...
this is how i feel most of the time...


hopefully.


this is going to be a long post i feel. so i apologize if i begin to bore you with my excitingly normal life. always a pleasure, i know.

yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. it was great no doubt, but so long. i woke up, went to classes ((including a presentation and a championship volleyball match)) and then packed up the X and was on my way to the gump. upon arrival, i saw mom and then proceeded to eastwood's spring musical practice. it was just like old times. saw ruth and david and miller all working hard directing the play. goodness i love high school musicals. but the kids looked really good and i am really looking forward to watching them preform.

after play practice i went home, showered and got ready for brittany and mark's engagement party/celebration. it was a great time however i had to leave early. came back to auburn and sang with my two wings at the auburn christian fellowship until about 11:45. some really awesome people came to support me, and it meant so much to see all their faces while i was singing.

but the real meaning for me writing about my day was my drive in montgomery. i was driving in the X with the windows down, listening to a little DMB, and enjoying the green lushness of hilllwood. it made me miss high school. sure college is fantastic and i enjoy just about every moment, but there is so much about high school that i wish i still had.

there is a smell that is in the air this time of the year in montgomery. it is the smell of summer. the smell of freshly cut grass, our blooming jasmin bush at the back gate, the humid sticky breeze. all the smells bring back memories. bring back old feelings. i miss the simplicity of high school; of middle school; of my childhood.

i am thankful where i am. i am thankful for auburn. college. my friends. old and new. i am looking forward to memories. but sometimes it is nice to remember the ones we thought we lost.

_________________________________________

i talked on here about pandora and how i love it. well today amidst studying pandora picked a song i had not heard in a long time. it is written by a band called starfield. but the song really personifies my heart. here are the lyrics...

There's a cry in my heart
For Your glory to fall
For Your presence to fill up my senses
There's a yearning again
A thirst for discipline
A hunger for things that are deeper

Could You take me beyond?
Could You carry me through?
If I open my heart?
Could I go there with You?
(For I've been here before
But I know there's still more
Oh, Lord, I need to know You)

For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?
You are my rock
You are my glory
You are the lifter
Of my head
Lifter of this head


i am just really in love with those words...

a cry in my heart.. for Your glory to fall.

that is exactly where i am currently.

No comments: